Monday, July 23, 2012

Reflecting on my goal

Goal: Using a variety of strategies to help me solve problems in maths.


Mackenzie's Comment: I think my use of strategies is getting better. I know the names of a few strategies, such as place value partitioning, going back through tens, and tidy numbers. The Strategy Striver work is helping me because we are practicing the strategies a lot. That's just what I need to do.

Mrs Piters' Comment: Mackenzie, it is great to hear you talk about the Strategy Strivers we have started this term. When you talk about 'going back through tens' I feel that you really know what you are talking about. I am pleased that this has been a success. This makes me value the Strategy Striver work even more, so we will be sure to continue this. perhaps you can add more reflection about this at the end of the term.

I like your idea for writing as a new goal. I think it would be beneficial for your writing if you teased out your sentences so that you focus on just one idea, and really saturate that idea with detail. That way you drip feed information to your audience and have more control over how your writing is read.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased to hear that you are positive about your goal achievement and what has helped. You are very capable of making sense of new strategies if you put your mind to it.

    I'm sure you will enjoy your next goal. I look forward to reading your stunning writing. Mum

    ReplyDelete